Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Sit down, take a look around, have some coffee. : ) This is where I let myself think out loud, brainstorm, get ideas out there. This is also where I do sneak peaks to my clients shortly after their sessions, so if nothing else, there will always be new pictures to see! If you have ever wondered why you should choose custom photographer, read THIS. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!! I love hearing from all of you!

LOOKING FOR SENIOR SPOKESMODELS!!!!!
I am currently looking for seniors who want a FREE session, some FREE prints, and would like to make a little money referring all your friends to me! Email me if you are interested or KNOW anyone who might be! Sarah@sarahmansurphotography.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mended Little Hearts



I had a very busy night last night! The coordinator of the Tulsa Chapter of Mended Little Hearts contacted me, wanting a group picture done. As some of you know, my son was a heart baby. He had Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA) and had pretty major open heart surgery when he was 12 days old, and only 3 lbs. To say the least it was a very scary time in out lives.

So it was totally by chance that Susan would contact ME of all people, to take a photo of their group!

Lets just say trying to get 25 kids, most of them 4 and under, to stay in a group and have their pictures taken is far from easy. Bless their hearts, its hard for ME to stand around and get my picture taken!!

So, it didn't go quite as planned. :) We got a shot out of it, but we are going to try for a park or some place like there, where we will have a better background, more room, and where the kids can get worn out a little before we try to keep them herded for a group picture. :)

If you know anyone who has a child with or who had a heart defect, this group is the place to go! I wish it had been around when we were going through everything with N. It would have been so great to talk to other parents who were experiencing the same trials, emotions, and confusion as we were at the time, and to know that we weren't alone. I am planning on joining the group, so if you have any questions feel free to email me and I will pass them along to Susan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment