Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Sit down, take a look around, have some coffee. : ) This is where I let myself think out loud, brainstorm, get ideas out there. This is also where I do sneak peaks to my clients shortly after their sessions, so if nothing else, there will always be new pictures to see! If you have ever wondered why you should choose custom photographer, read THIS. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!! I love hearing from all of you!

LOOKING FOR SENIOR SPOKESMODELS!!!!!
I am currently looking for seniors who want a FREE session, some FREE prints, and would like to make a little money referring all your friends to me! Email me if you are interested or KNOW anyone who might be! Sarah@sarahmansurphotography.com

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Speedlites, Strobes, Slaves....

Im pretty overwhelmed right now with all of this flash stuff. I do know that my next purchase will be a Speedlite, (either a 430EX or a 580EX) but I would kinda like to know how to use it and what I'm doing before I fork over that kind of money for something. :) I love using natural light, but there are definitely times I wish I had a flash. (and I refuse to use the on-camera pop up flash...ick) Getting a faster lens REALLY helped taking pictures indoors, but I don't always want that shallow depth of field you get with a max aperture...especially when taking pictures of kids. I would like more then just one eyeball to be in focus! lol!

In my links you will see an AWESOME blog called Strobist. I have learned SO much from there. They have a 101 'course' you go through and explains the very basics (which is what I need!)I've also been asking a TON of questions on The Photo Forum. They are very helpful too! Now I just have to actually GET a flash so I can use the things I have learned! I'm very much a hands-on learner, so I don't think I will totally, 100% understand until I get to play around with it.

Yesterday I got to go out to Broken Arrow with my friend Bonnie and take some pictures. It wasn't the best conditions...started rained as soon as we got back to the car, and was pretty much just a yucky day. I got some cute ones of my son, also. :) It is IMPOSSIBLE to get this child to look at you, YET smile!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment